Quality counts, folks. I just came upon this hilarious (and real) advice in a recent casting call post for a movie being filmed in Hudson Valley. I feel for the casting directors! I see a lot of realllly bad headshots in my line of work as a headshot photographer in NYC, but these tips indicate why you might want to hire a professional:
- Do not sit in your car and take a selfie. This is a common practice, which we just cannot figure out.
- Do not send a photo where you are wearing face paint.
- Do not pout your lips or make “duck lips.”
- Do not ever take a selfie of your reflection with your phone in a frame.
- Do not wear sunglasses.
- Do not take a photo of yourself lying on the floor or in bed.
Wha? “Boogie Nights” was great — but don’t try to capture those particular essentials in your headshot.
For the full (and fully entertaining) list of what I will heretofore simply title “Just Don’t,” here’s the link to the post: http://greenburgh.dailyvoice.com/lifestyle/casting-call-movie-being-filmed-in-hudson-valley-seeks-extras/708389.